Maker Session (Chair In A Day) LAKE DISTRICT
Time & Location
About The Event
Most of the work involved in steam-bending is in the design and preparation of the 'jigs'; machines, and forms which enable us to create the work. This Maker Session uses jigs that are tried and tested for use on our larger Charlie Whinney Studio commissions and furniture projects now put into use for your unique chair. This maker session is a creative day, all the bending will happen in the morning, and the afternoon is dedicated to finishing and assembly making sure your chair is a good as it can be before you take it home. Designs on offer include the 'M-Chair', 'Nest Chair' and a the new 'Royal Chair' inspired by the traditional Windsor chair but with a modern twist to make this unique. Come along and make something unexpected and amazing!
This course is taught in the Lake District workshop of Charlie Whinney Studio. The building is an ancient stone barn right nestled under SSSI Whitbarrow Scar in the UNESCO World Heritage Lake District National Park. This venue allows for some of the course to be taught in the woods adjacent to the wood where we may even cut down a small tree for use during the day (weather permitting), and you can also see Charlie’s studio where many of the projects over the past eight years have been created.
* Workshop cancellations by you *
We try our best to price our workshops as fairly as possible and offer good value for money. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the ongoing viability of the workshop.
We urge you to carefully check your diary to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us.
If circumstances change, or something pops up and you are unable to attend, unfortunately all our workshops and classes are non-refundable.
If you give more than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop your options are as follows:
• We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop, space permitting.
• If there are no suitable future dates for you to transfer to we can provide a voucher to be used for a future workshop booking.
• You can of course send someone in your place at any time, but please note that this is your responsibility to find a replacement person and you must let us know in advance who will be attending.
If you give less than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop then your options are as follows:
• If you would like to transfer, we can only transfer you to a future workshop if your place is re-sold.
We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on workshops at short notice.
- Normal Price£195£1950£0
- Student Discount (25% off)£146.25£146.250£0
- Use a Voucher£1£10£0