Sat, 09 Sept|
Charlie Whinney Studio
Beginners Steam Bending - Lake District
The perfect introduction to steam-bending – get all the basics, 2D and 3D bends, twisting, splitting and powered bends plus make something to take home!
Time & Location
09 Sept, 10:00 – 17:00
Charlie Whinney Studio, Top Barn, Beck Head, Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands LA11 6SH, UK
About The Event
The perfect introduction to steam-bending. Learn how to source and select the best wood; bend different species; 2D and 3D bends; three types of compression strap; twisting, splitting and powered bends. At the end of the day, put your new skills into practice, and design and make your own steam-bent creation, it may be a lampshade, candle-stick, vase... or something else! We put as much as we can into one day to give you an overview of what is possible and how to do it.
This course is taught in the Cumbrian workshop of Charlie Whinney Studio. The building is an ancient stone barn nestled under SSSI Whitbarrow Scar in the UNESCO World Heritage Lake District National Park. This venue allows for some of the course to be taught in the adjacent woods where we may even cut down a small tree for use during the day (weather permitting). You can also see Charlie’s studio where many of the award winning projects around the world have been created including the 2021 BBC RHS Chelsea Flower Show Garden.
* Event cancellation by you*
We try our best to price our workshops as fairly as possible and offer good value for money. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the ongoing viability of the workshop. We urge you to carefully check your diary to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us. If circumstances change, or something pops up and you are unable to attend, unfortunately all our workshops and classes are non-refundable and transfers can only be arranged under the circumstances outlined below. If you give more than 6 weeks notice to cancel a place on any workshop your options are as follows:
• We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop if the original place is successfully resold. If the place does not resell then unfortunately we cannot supply you with another place on a future course date.
• You can of course send someone in your place at any time, please let us know in advance who will be attending.
* Events postponed due to Covid/government rules *
• In the event that national or regional lock-down rules are active at the time of the the event, the course shall be postponed to a new date. Students may select the new date offered, or transfer to any available Beginners course - including online courses - within 2 years of their original course date. We will let you know as soon as any new rules announced - and obviously please do keep an eye on the news. In the rare case you really can't make another date within 2 years, refunds will be offered.
*Event cancellation by us*
• We reseve the right to change the date of courses up to 6 weeks before the event. If we have to cancel/postpone after that you will be offered alternative dates or a 2-year voucher - or a full refund if neither of these options work for you. We are not liable for any accomodation/travel costs in any situation.
From £0.01 to £150.00
From £0.01 to £150.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal