Beginners Steam Bending - Lake District
Time & Location
About The Event
The perfect introduction to steam-bending. Learn how to source and select the best wood; bend different species; 2D and 3D bends; three types of compression strap; twisting, splitting and powered bends.
At the end of the day, put your new skills into practice, and design and make your own steam-bent bowl, vase or lampshade to take home. We put as much as we can into one day to give you a complete overview of what is possible and how to do it.
This course is taught in the Lake District workshop of Charlie Whinney Studio. The building is an ancient stone barn right nestled under SSSI Whitbarrow Scar in the UNESCO World Heritage Lake District National Park. This venue allows for some of the course to be taught in the woods adjacent to the wood where we may even cut down a small tree for use during the day (weather permitting), and you can also see Charlie’s studio where many of the projects over the past eight years have been created.
* Events postponed due to Lock Down *
• In the event that (another) national or regional lock down with rules active at the time of the the event, the course shall be postponed to a new date. Students may select the new dates offered, or transfer to any available Beginners course - including online courses - within 2 years of their original course date.
* Workshop cancellations by you*
We try our best to price our workshops as fairly as possible and offer good value for money. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and maintain the ongoing viability of the workshop. We urge you to carefully check your diary to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us.
If circumstances change, or something pops up and you are unable to attend, unfortunately all our workshops and classes are non-refundable and transfers can only be arranged. If you give more than 30 working days notice to cancel a place on a one day or half-day workshop your options are as follows:
• We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop if the original place is successfully resold - this is normally possible but please do give us as much notice as possible.
- Normal Price£150£1500£0
- Student Price£112.50£112.500£0