Fri, 18 Jun|
Charlie Whinney Studio
Beginners Steam Bending - Lake District
The perfect introduction to steam-bending – get all the basics, 2D and 3D bends, twisting, splitting and powered bends plus make something to take home!
Time & Location
18 Jun 2021, 10:00 – 17:00
Charlie Whinney Studio, Top Barn, Beck Head House, Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands LA11 6SH, UK
About The Event
The perfect introduction to steam-bending. Learn how to source and select the best wood; bend ten species; 2D and 3D bends; three types of compression strap; twisting, splitting and powered bends. At the end of the day, put your new skills into practice, and design and make your own steam-bent bowl, vase or lampshade to take home. We put as much as we can into one day to give you a complete overview of what is possible and how to do it. This course is taught in the Lake District workshop of Charlie Whinney Studio. The building is an ancient stone barn right nestled under SSSI Whitbarrow Scar in the UNESCO World Heritage Lake District National Park. This venue allows for some of the course to be taught in the woods adjacent to the wood where we may even cut down a small tree for use during the day (weather permitting), and you can also see Charlie’s studio where many of the projects over the past eight years have been created.
* Workshop cancellations by you*
We try our best to price our workshops as fairly as possible and offer good value for money. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the ongoing viability of the workshop. We urge you to carefully check your diary to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us. If circumstances change, or something pops up and you are unable to attend, unfortunately all our workshops and classes are non-refundable and transfers can only be arranged under the circumstances outlined below. If you give more than 30 working days notice to cancel a place on a one day or half-day workshop your options are as follows:
• We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop only if the original place is successfully resold. If the place does not resell then unfortunately we cannot supply you with another place on a future course date.
• You can of course send someone in your place at any time, but please note that this is your responsibility to find a replacement person and you must let us know in advance who will be attending. We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on workshops at short notice.
* Events postponed due to Lock Down *
• In the event that national or regional lock down rules are active at the time of the the event, the course shall be postponed to a new date. Students may select the new date offered, or transfer to any available Beginners course - including online courses - within 2 years of their original course date.
25% discount for students in full time education (college, uni, school etc).