Time & Location
About The Event
The perfect introduction to steam-bending. Learn how to source and select the best wood; bend ten species; 2D and 3D bends; three types of compression strap; twisting, splitting and powered bends. At the end of the day, put your new skills into practice, and design and make your own steam-bent bowl, vase or lampshade to take home. We put as much as we can into one day to give you a complete overview of what is possible and how to do it.
This course is taught in the Grade 2 Listed new HQ of Craft Central, a truly inspirational former steelworks and heritage building right next to the Thames on the Isle of Dogs, London. Explore the wide range of fantastic crafts studios hosted inside the Craft Central and enjoy exploring the area at the heart of London’s long tradition of making and manufacture. This venue allows for some of the course to be taught as an exhibition which will accompany course content.
* Workshop cancellations by you *
We try our best to price our workshops as fairly as possible and offer good value for money. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the ongoing viability of the workshop.
We urge you to carefully check your diary to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us.
If circumstances change, or something pops up and you are unable to attend, unfortunately all our workshops and classes are non-refundable.
If you give more than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop your options are as follows:
• We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop, space permitting.
• If there are no suitable future dates for you to transfer to we can provide a voucher to be used for a future workshop booking.
• You can of course send someone in your place at any time, but please note that this is your responsibility to find a replacement person and you must let us know in advance who will be attending.
If you give less than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop then your options are as follows:
• If you would like to transfer, we can only transfer you to a future workshop if your place is re-sold.
We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on workshops at short notice.
- Normal Price£150£1500£0
- Student Discount (25% off)£112.50£112.500£0
- Use a Voucher£0£00£0